The student news site of Troy High School

The Chariot

The Chariot

The Chariot

The Best of Both Worlds

Senior Ayushi Gupta shares her experiences as President of HOSA and DECA.
Patrick Mahoney

Senior Ayushi Gupta’s involvement in the Troy High School community has been nothing short of remarkable. During her four years as a Colt, Gupta has involved herself in a breadth of passions that span academic subjects. 

Gupta joined the DECA team as a freshman during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since becoming a part of the club in 2020, Gupta has found significant success. Gupta shares, “This year, I serve as the club’s president.” She continues, “I’ve qualified for internationals all four years, and placed in the top 20 at internationals my freshman year.” Gupta’s list of accomplishments in DECA is anything but short. She also notes, “Last year I was on the executive council, and at almost every conference, I’ve received a test medal, a finalist medal and the roleplay medal.” 

When asked what attracts her to the field of business, Gupta shares, “The thing about business that attracts me to it is the creative aspect. I’ve always been somebody who’s had new and innovative ideas, and business is so broad that I can explore my creativity.” 

Gupta has proven herself to be quite multifaceted in her four years at Troy High School. In addition to DECA, she also serves as President of the school’s HOSA chapter. Gupta explains the origin of her interest in the medical field:, “Growing up, I’ve always had my eyes set on medicine. I consider myself a perfectionist, and I love working with my hands, so medicine has always been a major option for me.” 

Though the fields of business and medicine may seem different, Gupta has found a way to synthesize her interests. Gupta notes, “In DECA, there are events that focus on the medical aspects of ventures and workplaces, and having a background knowledge on medicine allows me to specialize in those events.” 

Gupta states that her experiences motivate her to merge her interests of medicine and business in the future. “Though I committed to Ross [School of Business] for the next four years, I’m planning to do a dual major. I will also be studying on a pre-med track through the College of Literature, Science and the Arts.”