New Addition Opens for Second Semester

At the end of the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year,  principal Remo Roncone, can conclude that the construction has come to its end. During second semester, students will be able to access the new additions, such as four classrooms, smartboards, collaborative classrooms and a newly painted walls.

“Additional upgrades to paint, pool, roof, heating and cooling and technology will be ongoing for many years,” Roncone said.

Due to the continuous nature of the renovations, more time is needed to get the projects done. One major time sink is summer school. For this reason, upcoming summer school sessions will be held as Boulan Middle School. This adjustment will allow for more construction to be accomplished quicker.

“As of now the decision to be at Boulan is a one year decision and will be evaluated further,” Roncone said.

With the new wing in the building, 12 teachers and classrooms are being moved around. Teachers Ryan Werenka, Meghan Hall, Autumn Spiteri and Thomas Keegan will be moving to the four new classrooms.

“I think that anytime you have an addition [or an] upgrade it brings in a new level of energy and excitement,” Roncone said.  “It’s very encouraging to be in a district that continues to make improvements [and] upgrades to provide the best possible environment for teaching and learning. I also believe that students and teachers will feel a greater sense of pride for [Troy High].”