The student news site of Troy High School

‘Love Your Homies’

February 15, 2018

Natalie Suh

Creators, seniors Cameron Glenn and Anthony Lelli, pose together.

One day, out of sheer boredom, senior Cameron Glenn started a clothing brand aesthetic based on pictures of senior Anthony Lelli on an Instagram account. The page started when Lelli didn’t have an Instagram and Glenn decided to start one as a fan page for Lelli. Eventually, Glenn decided to sell stickers of Lelli online. Though they have not sold other items yet, the brand is growing into more general merchandise. The pictures taken of Lelli are intended to make people smile.

“The whole point of it is just to get a good laugh,” Glenn said. “I started everything because I was bored and my friends wanted it to happen too. It’s really something that makes everyone that is a part of it happy.”

“Love your homies and stay hydrated and be safe always.”

— senior Anthony Lelli

They are working on furthering the merchandise, which ranges from phone cases and posters to drawstring bags, pillowcases and clocks. Glenn uses a popular website called Redbubble to sell his work. Most of the money made goes back to Redbubble, so Glenn hasn’t seen any profit; however, the intent with the brand was not to make money, but rather to have a good time.

“Our friends who are involved aren’t in it for the money but just because it’s a funny thing to be a part of,” junior Jiwon Byun said.

Lelli’s brother, sophmore Nick Lelli, has a hand in the brand aswell. He takes the pictures and is the administrator for the Instagram account. He finds the fact that his brother has a brand very funny.

“It’s the best,” Nick Lelli said. “You’re always out there advocating for the brand.”

For inspiration to further their brand, Lelli, Glenn and their fellow visionaries mix underground culture with mainstream ideas.

“It was created to express ourselves and break away from the average way people dress,” Lelli said. “We work together and show each other things that would work with each other’s looks.”

The aesthetic of the brand is all about positivity—the brand motto is “Love your homies and stay hydrated and be safe always.”