Whatever The Weather, Snow And His Dad Walk Together

Tracy Cabej

Freshman Harry Snow and his father have walked home from school together every day since Snow was in first grade.

When the bell rings after school, unlike most students, freshman Harry Snow meets up with his dad to walk home from school.

“It’s nice to have someone to talk to about the tests I have, and what this person said, what that person did,” Snow said.

Sometimes Snow’s dad will park near the buildings near the school and they will walk there and ride in the car the rest of the ride home. He and his dad have held this tradition since first grade and have continued until now. The father and son started walking together because of exercise and because the school was close to them.

“In kindergarten, I took the bus home, but I would still walk to school,” Snow explained. “The first year I started walking both ways though was first grade.”

After school there is the rush of many kids being picked up and on the bus so students often see the duo walking together.

“Me and my sister drive home every day after school and I always see him and I think it’s the cutest thing ever,” freshman Sophia Zaleski said.

Because it is so busy, Snow and his dad have had a few close calls which resulted in his dad bringing a flashlight along the way.

“There’s a flashlight that he brings even when it’s light out to shine it in peoples cars to be like, ‘Hey, don’t run us over,’” Snow said laughing.

Freshman Roswell Ginther knows about Snow and his dad walking and thinks it’s a good bonding experience. When asked if he wanted his dad to walk him to school he said he would like to as it would be a great bonding experience.

“I personally would not like to walk with my parents, only because I live kind of far and I would get too lazy,” Zaleski said.

Snow hopes to have this tradition last all throughout high school.