The student news site of Troy High School

The Chariot

The Chariot

The Chariot

Bouquet for Building Connections

A guide to help you bring the perfect flowers on the perfect date.
Maya Nagy

“Should I bring flowers to my date?” is a question that’s been asked by many. A bouquet on a date, whether it’s the first or fiftieth, is a sweet gesture that shows thoughtfulness and charm. While opting for flowers blossoms the experience and makes the special occasion even more special, flowers shouldn’t take away from the actual date. As we embrace the ever-changing seasons, here are some bouquet ideas to keep in mind while shopping for the flower of your life.  

Starting with the basics: a rose. This is the ultimate symbol of romance and love that is seen so often in movies, and for the right reasons. How can something be so bold and classy, yet so soft to the touch? A flower with such hot desire needs to be cooled down, which is why the most aesthetic season to give roses is winter. The red pops so much, and these are perfect when you’re aiming to impress. Using a rose of any color paired with white baby’s breath and some simple greenery creates the best contrast. 

Maya Nagy

As spring blooms, consider tulips, lilies or daisies; each a true staple of spring and a great choice. Tulips come in vibrant and playful colors while also maintaining a level of elegance and grace. Although tulips are not considered a passionate flower, they do portray a deep and perfect love. Tulips are best when rather simple and not crowded by other flowers. 

When fall comes around, mums are the way to go. With their warm and cozy colors that match the surrounding scenery, they’re a perfect choice for the fall. Bonus: Mums usually come potted so you don’t have to worry about building a bouquet! 

With the different colored leaves, try making a leaf bouquet. It’s perfect to do with your partner and they’re adorable no matter how they come out.

Bringing flowers to a date is always a good idea, but there are some things to keep in mind, like making sure your date doesn’t involve walking around or any activity that requires both hands. While there are so many flowers to choose from, these are only a few recommendations. Creating bouquets is a lot like cooking or baking; by following these simple steps, they are sure to be the icing on top!