The student news site of Troy High School

The Chariot

The Chariot

The Chariot

Dose of Dedication

How a Troy High School senior plans to help his peers and his patients.
Laith Hermiz

Senior Kush Parikh has dedicated himself to helping people. He’s invested his time and hard work into Science Olympiad, the Technology Student Association and HOSA. He’s the president of all these organizations at Troy High School. He’s also in the nonprofit Key 2 Finesse, where he has helped raise 100,000 dollars. He’s planning on following a pre-medical track for his undergraduate degree.

Parikh feels confident in his choice to pursue a pre-medical track. “For me, it’s always been medicine. I feel like I could go into other fields but medicine is where I could make a direct impact on somebody’s life.” 

Parikh has made his life goal to directly help others. To him, a pre-medical track will prepare him best for this. He continues, “When you meet a patient and you see them get better, that’s a very immediate direct impact.”

Parikh has also prepared himself very well for the pre-medical track he will be pursuing with his participation in scientific and medical clubs like HOSA and Science Olympiad. 

Rebecca Brewer, Parikh’s Advanced Placement Biology teacher, described him as, “your ideal student and then some.” 

She said that, unlike other students, “He genuinely enjoys the process of learning, being challenged; the journey is very important to him.” 

Brewer also described Parikh as, “a student that always helped others,” and now, it is his life’s mission to help others.

He explained that he’s most proud of his accomplishments when they serve others. “I am usually the happiest when I help other people,” he said. “It’s great to be passionate about the things that you care about but that passion doesn’t mean anything if you can’t translate it to impact for other people.”

Parikh’s passion for science and helping others has been very impactful, and he’s been recognized for The Bryan Impact Scholarship, only given to 15 students in the country and also winning first place internationally in his HOSA event: Biomedical Laboratory Science.

Now, he’s taking a break. His plans for this summer include, “going to India, meeting family and relaxing. I’ve been busy these past four years.” In college, he plans on keeping in touch with his culture, religion and of course, joining healthcare clubs. 

Whether it’s through non-profit organizations, HOSA or the medical field, Parikh knows what he wants to do. His passion lies in helping people.